Ceviche de pescado
Fish Ceviche is one of a handful of Ecuadorian dishes that the Downing family has completely rejected. We simply prefer to cook our fish with heat before we eat it but we will not break fellowship with you if you choose to prepare your fish this way. We are told that this is a good way to eat chemically cooked fish, if you are into that.
2 red onions diced
4 tomatoes diced
2 bell peppers, assorted colors, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro chopped as finely as possible
2lb of white fish fillets (halibut, sea bass, sole), cut into small pieces
- First. Place the raw fish pieces in a glass dish and cover it with salt and lime juice from 10 limes, (the fish should be completely covered by lime juice).
- Then. Cover the dish and refrigerate, for four hours.
- Then. Mix the onions, tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro with the juice from the remaining limes and let marinate for one hour.
- Then. Once the fish is chemically cooked in the lime juice rinse it well and mix it with the vegetable marinade, add salt and sunflower oil to taste.
- Enjoy. Serve with chifles or popcorn.
Love, The Downing Family