Dulce De Piña
Dulce de piña
1 whole pineapple
½ cup of water
½ cup caster sugar
1 cinnamon stick
2 cardamom pods
1 fresh lemon verbena sprig
Juice of 1 lime
- Peel and core the pineapple, discard the core and peel.
- Cut half of the pineapple in small squares and blend the remaining half to obtain a puree.
- In a medium sized saucepan, over high heat, boil the water, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods and lemon verbena sprig.
- Add the chopped pineapple, the pineapple puree, and the lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, simmer until the liquid reduces and the marmalade thickens, about an hour. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
Love, The Downing Family