Makes: 4 8 oz jars
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Rest Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 8 cups Níspero (loquats), seeded and halved
- 4 cups cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove the blossom end of the Níspero, then cut in half. Remove the seeds.
- Add prepared Níspero to a 6-quart Dutch oven.
- Cover with sugar, and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and cardamom. Bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature to low-medium.
- Cook 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon thickened jam into sterilized jam jars, leaving 1/4″ space. Seal lids tightly, then place them in boiling water for ten minutes.
Click here for more mouth watering Níspero (Loquat) recipes!
The Downing Family