Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
6 large ripe Nísperos, peeled with seeds removed
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon grape-seed oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Place Nísperos into a saucepan and stir in water, orange juice, and brown sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil
- Stir in ground ginger, cinnamon, lemon pepper, and smoked paprika
- Reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes
- Stir occasionally to break up the Nísperos.
- When the sauce is thick, stir in vinegar and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat grape-seed oil in a skillet over medium heat and pan-fry chicken breasts until golden brown and cooked through (about 5 to 8 minutes per side)
- Remove chicken breasts and cut into bite-size pieces
- Return chicken to skillet,
- Stir in 1/4 the Níspero sauce
Serve with remaining Níspero sauce on the side.
With love, The Downing Family