Servings: 12 slices
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 3 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Using a mixer, cream softened butter, then mix in sugar until it is well blended.
- Add flour, orange zest, and cardamom, mix until crumbly.
- Press shortbread dough into a 9″ springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes, it will be golden around the edges.
- As the shortbread is baking, use a clean mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese. Mix until creamy.
- Add sugar, orange zest, and mix well.
- Mix in the orange juice and vanilla.
- add one egg at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing paddle, as needed.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the shortbread crust.
- Place the jam and orange juice in a small saucepan and heat over a low flame, as you mix.
- Blend the jam until smooth then remove from heat.
- Spoon some jam over the cheesecake into two large circles. Using a chopstick, swirl the jam into the cheesecake.
Bake at 360 degrees F for one hour