Friends, our níspero trees are heavy laden with fruit so it is time to process them into eatable delights. This post was first published in April of 2020. Make sure to check back next Saturday for a brand new recipe we found while traveling along our mission path.
Makes: 4 8 oz jars
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Rest Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 8 cups Níspero (loquats), seeded and halved
- 4 cups cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove the blossom end of the Níspero, then cut in half. Remove the seeds.
- Add prepared Níspero to a 6-quart Dutch oven.
- Cover with sugar, and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and cardamom. Bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature to low-medium.
- Cook 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon thickened jam into sterilized jam jars, leaving 1/4″ space. Seal lids tightly, then place them in boiling water for ten minutes.